Saturday, June 30, 2007

For Sale, One Barely Used Pair of Running Shoes. Cheap!

[Picture Hint: Click on the photos for larger versions]

Well, I did it. I ran a 5K race, finished in 00:29:40 [edited on 7/8/2007 to show official time - 35 seconds better than I thought!!], and now I think I very well may be crippled for life. I guess it's a good thing it was for a good cause. I was joined in this "endeavor" (read "exercise in self-abuse, and not the enjoyable kind of self-abuse") by some of of my co-workers. As should be fairly obvious, this picture was taken BEFORE the race.



The first 4.5 km really weren't so bad, especially given that the course was quite hilly and my 3 whole training runs had all been on flats. I felt good enough that I sprinted the last 500 m to the finish . . .



. . . which was a mistake.



But thanks to Green Day on the iPod and a week's worth of nightly doses of Flexaril, I got the job done. Maybe in another 30 years, I'll try it again.

See the race results here:
http://race_timer.home.comcast.net/Results/2007/Race_for_Justice/SALC_2007_RaceForJutice_5k.HTM

No comments: