Sunday, March 02, 2008

I Want to Ride My Bicycle . . . I Want to Ride My Bike

As regular readers will recall, last December I was all set to take delivery of my new custom Sweetpea bicycle. Sadly, the "B" team at Fed Ex decided it would be fun to smoosh the bike's headtube on the way back from the powder coating plant in Colorado.

One sad telephone call later, and Natalie was busting out her fabrication tools all over again. Time passed, and the new and improved Sweetpea is almost ready to go back to the painters (this time packed in a giant lead case, no doubt . . .

If all goes well, I may be riding H.W. Jr. within a few weeks!


1 comment:

phil varner said...

I saw the picks on flickr and I was half-expecting to see you show up at Snoozefield riding bare metal! Ira did TransIowa on an unpainted frame, so who needs it...